Illustration Designer (m/f/x)
- Linz, Austria
Vector Illustration | Illustrator | Communication Design | Visual Story Telling | Animation
Do you love to tell visual stories? Does your heart beat for iconography, illustrations and animations? Are you looking for teammates who appreciate open communication and face challenges together?
Who we are: Dynatrace is a leading software product company founded in Linz, Austria with more than 2,000 employees worldwide.
Our vision: We believe the world needs software to work perfectly.
What we do: Software Intelligence to simplify enterprise cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation.
How we do it: Application performance management, Cloud infrastructure monitoring, IT Operations powered by AI and Digital customer experience.
- Create extraordinary vector illustrations that tell visual stories about how Dynatrace works
- Conceptualise & develop ideas that turn abstract or technical concepts into easily understandable visual explanations
- Contribute to, and shape the future of our design system and visual language
- Support our UX design team with creating visual assets for our product and communications
- 3+ years of professional work experience in vector illustration design
- You think of a story from beginning to end with consideration for illustration, motion and animation principles
- You strive for visual clarity, simplicity, consistency, balance, and beauty
- You are a team player, problem solver, and proactive doer
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Bonus: You have some experience in software product design, motion design, and know the basics of front-end development
You will love this job if you …
- love explaining complex topics in easily understandable, simple, visual ways
- have a passion for crafting exceptional illustrations
- are meticulous with every detail
- like to conquer real challenges, instead of designing yet another meaningless business flyer
When applying for this role please include a link to a brief portfolio showing a few selected commercial projects you worked on in the past — clearly outlining the problems and/or business opportunities taken on with your work, as well as your role and specific responsibilities as part of a multidisciplinary team. That should mostly touch on the process applied to find solutions and overcome challenges, rather than focusing just on visual polish and final deliverables.
Join us now!
Please apply with your resume and portfolio in English.
Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary for this position, which is € 38,010 gross per year based on full-time employment (38.5 h/week). We offer a higher salary in line with qualifications and experience.
Please consider when submitting your CV that due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19, in our Labs in Austria, we are currently limited in extending offers to non-EU citizens. We are keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position, should the restrictive measures be removed later on. Should this affect your application, we are happy to keep it in evidence until further notice.
Back to top