Sr. DevOps Engineer
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Dyn is seeking an experienced developer/systems engineer to assist with the development of various platforms and applications, including the automation pipeline. The individual should have experience with both traditional development/engineering projects as well as working in a DevOps role. This is a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment requiring strong communication and teamwork skills as well as the ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
The candidate should be familiar with the following:
- Continuous Delivery and Integration pipeline such as Jenkins
- Configuration management tools, Chef and/or Salt preferred
- Linux server administration and configuration
- Virtualization (KVM), Containerization (Docker), microservices architecture
- Building highly available, distributed architectures in the cloud (AWS)
- Source control (Git) and package management tools (npm, pip, etc)
- Test-Driven development
- Data analysis, centralized logging, security engineering and operations
- Collaborate with a small engineering team to design, build, and deploy an automated platform
- Develop well-documented code
- Automate systems from infrastructure to application deployment using tools like Git, Chef, Salt, Ansible, or others
- Develop playbooks for the repeatable deployment of system components, or for performing routine management/deployment tasks
- Deploy, manage, and maintain applications and systems deployed to AWS, Bare metal, KVM, and Docker
- Design and develop new features based on the design goals and user feedback
- Pro-actively look for ways to enhance the functionality, reliability, operation of the platform
- Develop and run test cases on applications and services as part of deployment process.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation when required
- Minimum of three (3) years of general work experience and three (3) years of relevant experience in functional responsibility
- Candidate must have experience working with cloud, Amazon Web Services, and DevOps
- Candidate should have strong analytical and organizational skills
- Candidate should have concise communication skills
- Wxperience with securing Cloud environments preferred
- Candidate should have Python development experience, preferably experience with django, flask, TDD
- At Least 3 years of experience and knowledge of some of these disciplines:
- Python Scripting
Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance Management (IPM) company that provides unrivaled visibility and control into cloud and public Internet resources. Dyn’s platform monitors, controls and optimizes applications and infrastructure through Data, Analytics, and Traffic Steering, ensuring traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Dyn is the leading IPM provider to the largest enterprises and most visited web properties in the world, including eight of the top 10 Internet Services and Retail companies, and six of the top 10 Entertainment companies, in the Fortune 500. Dyn helps everyone from startups to companies like Pfizer, Visa, Netflix and Twitter solve the challenges associated with Internet scale, complexity and volatility. Dyn is Internet Performance. Delivered.
Visit dyn.com for more info on how Dyn delivers.
Dyn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top