Solutions Engineer - Commercial Accounts
Solutions Engineer - Commercial Accounts
Have you heard the exciting news? Dyn has signed an agreement to be acquired by Oracle! Check out Dyn.com for more information.
We're looking for solutions engineers to support our Commercial Business Unit, which includes companies across a range of industries and sizes. We work with companies in rapid growth mode and with a diverse set of issues, which means we need to operate quickly and with agility.
The role of a Solutions Engineer is to work with our sales teams and customers to
- Facilitate outcome-focused dialogue to understand and define a customer's business requirements
- Partner with customers to develop a vision for their future on the Dyn IPM platform
- Make that vision come to life by configuring and demonstrating the art of the possible on our Internet Performance Management platform
We are looking for people who
- want to learn, have fun, and get out of their comfort zone on a daily basis
- want to be part of a highly motivated sales team who are fanatical about our customers
- are comfortable working with clients at all levels
- are happy working with ambiguity and talking to customers about their business, not leading with product
- are able to juggle multiple priorities and work quickly and efficiently
- can articulate themselves clearly without jargon
- are able to speak credibly about technical concepts, covering hardware and software
- are willing to learn how to configure our technology to build demonstrations that will show off the power of Dyn’s platform
- are open to some domestic travel
Required Skills and Capabilities
- Progressively responsible experience working as a Solutions Engineer for an Internet company or similar technology
- Technical experience working in a SaaS or IaaS environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of related applications, databases and web technology as well as understanding of Cloud platforms & service models
- Ideal candidate should have a strong foundational understanding of BGP, DNS, API & Websites
- Competent, dynamic and credible speaker, comfortable presenting both the technical and business value to a wide and mixed-discipline audience, from C-level through to senior technical managers
- Demonstrated success in value based selling; including experience with designing and showcasing Proof of Values (PoVs)
- Passionate student of technology, showing a genuine professional interest in keeping up with market trends, research and new developments in this arena (Internet technologies) as relevant to clients business
- Motivation and keen ability to translate complex technical information into simplified concepts to reach the widest possible audience
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate technical obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches over the phone, in webinars, and in front of a live audience
- Ability to travel within the United States up to 20% of the time
Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance Management (IPM) company that provides unrivaled visibility and control into cloud and public Internet resources. Dyn’s platform monitors, controls and optimizes applications and infrastructure through Data, Analytics, and Traffic Steering, ensuring traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Dyn is the leading IPM provider to the largest enterprises and most visited web properties in the world, including eight of the top 10 Internet Services and Retail companies, and six of the top 10 Entertainment companies, in the Fortune 500. Dyn helps everyone from startups to companies like Pfizer, Netflix and Twitter solve the challenges associated with Internet scale, complexity and volatility. Dyn is Internet Performance. Delivered.
Dyn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Dyn's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Kim teams with Sales to help uncover opportunities that can be passed on to representatives. Her goal is to understand a prospect’s challenges to match them to the right Dyn solution.
Back to top