Senior Marketing Content Strategist
Senior Marketing Content Strategist
Have you heard the exciting news? Dyn has signed an agreement to be acquired by Oracle! Check out Dyn.com for more information.
We’re on a mission to create marketing our buyers will love. We are looking for an experienced Sr. Marketing Content Strategist to become an expert on Dyn’s buyer personas and be a trusted advisor to the client on all aspects of content marketing and ensure alignment of the buyer’s journey. As a Sr. Marketing Content Strategist you will play a critical role in leading the content collaboration with our product, sales, creative, and marketing teams to help plan, write, edit, and promote content. You will often be called upon to distill complex technology issues into straightforward and engaging narratives. The ideal candidate is a technology geek who can write, and will have experience working in Business to Business (B2B) technology marketing.
This full-time position reports to the Director, Marketing Communications and is based in Manchester, NH.
Responsibilities / Accountable for:
- Create strategic, high-quality, engaging content for highly technical decision maker audiences relative to Dyn’s Internet Intelligence platform.
- Understand the technical decision maker audience—the key issues they face, the content they’re looking for, the form factors they want to consume it in—and continually update our strategies and content products to meet the needs of this audience.
- Creative researcher - use whatever tools you can to research and create insightful reports on industry trends, audience needs & behavior, competitive assessments, website/content audits and digital ecosystem assessments.
- Create the strategy and writing content for Dyn’s website, social media, email campaigns, and other distribution channels and a variety of form factors, as needed
- Establish metrics to measure the value of content solutions including content/brand integrity, content accuracy and relevance.
- Prepare quarterly analytics reports on content assets, using analytics to drive future content decisions.
- Work closely with the demand generation team in the creation of email nurturing campaigns, leveraging customer profiles to deliver relevant and timely communications to spark sales.
- Successfully collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members to ensure presentation of content strengthens our desired brand communication.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in writing and content management for technical audiences (design experience a plus).
- Strong technical acumen and the ability to become an expert in the use of Dyn platform, particularly Internet Intelligence.
- Proven success and ability to turn data into a compelling story customized to target audiences.
- Knowledge of Domain Name System (DNS) and Internet industry is a plus.
- Ability to connect technology to business impact. Technology Journalism is highly desirable.
- A keen interest in and ability to unearth relevant and insightful case studies, data points, consumer quotes, etc. that can strengthen an overall story.
- Prior experience designing, conducting and analyzing target audience research, competitive analysis, stakeholder interviews, content audits, inventories and the like.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Impeccable attention to detail, exceptional writing skills; strong understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- Have a solid understanding of the mechanics of the web and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices and optimizing copy for website and online writing.
- Outstanding proficiency in marketing writing, creative writing and technical writing.
- Outstanding analytical skills; capable of interpreting data to improve content effectiveness.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build positive relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
- Ability to plan strategically and execute tactically.
- Cultural fit is important; you must embody our core values of trust, passion, performance and respect.
- Background in engineering or a related technical field is highly desirable.
Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance Management (IPM) company that provides unrivaled visibility and control into cloud and public Internet resources. Dyn’s platform monitors, controls and optimizes applications and infrastructure through Data, Analytics, and Traffic Steering, ensuring traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Dyn is the leading IPM provider to the largest enterprises and most visited web properties in the world, including eight of the top 10 Internet Services and Retail companies, and six of the top 10 Entertainment companies, in the Fortune 500. Dyn helps everyone from startups to companies like Pfizer, Netflix and Twitter solve the challenges associated with Internet scale, complexity and volatility. Dyn is Internet Performance. Delivered.
Dyn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Dyn's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Kim teams with Sales to help uncover opportunities that can be passed on to representatives. Her goal is to understand a prospect’s challenges to match them to the right Dyn solution.
Back to top