Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager
On January 31, 2017 Oracle completed the acquisition of Dyn, which now operates as an Oracle Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) global business unit (GBU).
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for the outbound activities aimed at generating product awareness, differentiation, and demand for Dyn’s Internet performance products. This role works closely with product management to advocate internal and external stakeholders for the Dyn product line. You will craft the messaging and positioning for products. You'll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand thru partnership with the marketing group. Strong written and presentation skills with an attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits and business value are crucial. In your role as a Product Marketing Manager you will be the expert in who buys and who influences, how they buy and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and experience to successfully execute the following:
Responsibilities / Accountable for:
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market
- Sales/Marketing enablement - communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products. Work closely with marketing team to drive product awareness and lead generation.
- Product launch - plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market intelligence - be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to crush them. Deliver competitive sales guides to the sales team.
- Demand generation - develop the strategy and collaborate on the marketing programs that drive demand for your products.
- In conjunction with product management, define the market requirements and key customer facing roadmap features and translate those features into customer value propositions.
- Develop pricing and bundling strategies to maximize total customer value and overall revenue for product line. Work with business process owners to improve the customer acquisition to onboarding to lifetime customer experience.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or Computer Science with coursework in Marketing, Communications or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Product Marketing experience with SaaS product lines (preferable) or Internet software products.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide audience, both technical and non-technical, and to work independently and collaboratively with sales, marketing, client services and engineering.
- Strong proven written and presentation skills. Active blogging, social media and online presentation experience highly desirable.
- Experience with content centric marketing automation a plus.
- Pragmatic Marketing training a plus
- Excellent people skills and proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional team.
- Strong project management, problem-solving, & analytical thinking skills.
Oracle’s Dyn is a pioneer in DNS and a leader in cloud-based infrastructure to connect users with digital content and experiences across a global internet. Dyn's solution is powered by a global network that drives 40 billion traffic optimization decisions daily for more than 3,500 enterprise customers, including preeminent digital brands such as Netflix, Twitter, Linkedin and CNBC. Adding Dyn's best-in-class DNS and email services extend the Oracle cloud computing platform and provides enterprise customers with a one-stop shop for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Dyn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Dyn's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Kim teams with Sales to help uncover opportunities that can be passed on to representatives. Her goal is to understand a prospect’s challenges to match them to the right Dyn solution.
Back to top