Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer
Dyn is looking for a Principal Software Engineer who will be a member of our Technology organization. This person will be responsible for driving new business revenue and growing existing customer base primarily by sustaining existing and building a new developer experience (DX).
We need someone who can rapidly identify and explain design issues and challenges, and think on their feet. Day-to-day activities will range from high-level design, to application development, to hands-on systems administration and operational support, requiring self-motivation and a wide range of skills and experience. The person in this role must have the ability to understand business needs, work closely with product managers, customers, developer community, architecture teams, and strike a good balance between business needs and technical implementations. This individual will also be fairly autonomous and be expected to contribute to a wide range of high-impact projects across the organization. The candidate must have strong API design and development skills and be able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Design, implement and support new API services, SDKs and other Developer Experience collateral as required.
- Hold responsibility for scaling and enhancing existing APIs
- Technically manage a squad engineers within the Agile process while delivering product in an iterative manner and maintaining product quality.
- Cross train squad members and insure knowledge transfer is occurring so that there are no single points of failure and knowledge gaps. Ensure everyone on the squad is productive and have the required skillsets over time.
- Improve test and deployment automation by contributing to design and implementation as a first-order deliverable.
- Engage with external developer community around Dyn products and APIs
- Providing review and input to business requirements and technical requirements.
- Evaluate various implementations to determine compliance with business requirements and external specifications.
- Perform troubleshooting and coordinate problem resolution activities with other teams.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with peer organizations.
- Assist with making vendor selections, relationship management and developing schedules and budgets.
- Some travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be highly technical and very hands on if required
- Must be able to take high level architectures and convert into reality and detailed design
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills and to guide squads of people via backlog grooming, sprint planning
- Must be able to train and provide technical guidance to junior team members
- Strong knowledge and experience with cloud-based deployments. AWS preferred
- Knowledge of “serverless” deployments, containerized deployments, and infrastructure-as-code desired.
- At least 10 years experience with Linux
- At least 10 years experience in application development. Specific experience with scaling backend data systems.
- Knowledge of continuous integration/continuous deployment systems and methodologies desired
- Knowledge of Python, Go or C/C++ (two or more preferred)
- Knowledge of databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, RDS, DynamoDB
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum direction
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively across organizational boundaries and within groups
- Must be a flexible, resourceful, team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Creative thinking and critical analysis are essential
- Active in the industry is preferred
Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance Management (IPM) company that provides unrivaled visibility and control into cloud and public Internet resources. Dyn’s platform monitors, controls and optimizes applications and infrastructure through Data, Analytics, and Traffic Steering, ensuring traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Dyn is the leading IPM provider to the largest enterprises and most visited web properties in the world, including eight of the top 10 Internet Services and Retail companies, and six of the top 10 Entertainment companies, in the Fortune 500. Dyn helps everyone from startups to companies like Pfizer, Netflix and Twitter solve the challenges associated with Internet scale, complexity and volatility. Dyn is Internet Performance. Delivered.
Have you heard the exciting news? Dyn has signed an agreement to be acquired by Oracle! Check out Dyn.com for more information.
Dyn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top