Director, Sales Development
Director, Sales Development
Dyn is seeking a hands-on leader of the US Lead Generation Team. The Director of Sales Development is responsible for the development and growth of Dyn’s lead generation and sales development programs. The role will be critical in driving new business through building a pipeline of highly qualified opportunities through training, coaching and developing the lead generation teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations as well as providing the strategic direction, tools and environment to enhance the professional competency and success of the Lead Development Representative (LDR) and Sales Development Representative (SDR) teams.
- Develop, coach and mentor Lead Development and Sales Development managers and provide strategic oversight of team in terms of overall vision, staffing management and reporting.
- Attract, hire and retain high performing team of Lead Development and Sales Development Representatives.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to establish and fine tune scalable processes as well as new programs and campaigns to fulfill for lead generation and opportunity generation.
- Develop and own Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the Business Development team, consistently monitor the activity of the team, track the results and drive team execution based on those metrics.
- Conduct and implement Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s) with Sales leadership.
- Building Dyn opportunity pipeline providing sales leaders with accurate and timely updates.
- Deliver accurate forecast information to Sales Management (quarterly, monthly, weekly).
- Work with Marketing to develop a lead nurturing process that ensures we have a continuous flow of information to our lead base.
- Provide oversight in the development of a training program with Sales Enablement team to onboard new Lead Development Representatives (LDRs) and Sales Development Representatives (SDR’s).
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the complete capabilities of Dyn’s Platform.
- Develop incentive plans and (Special Payment Incentive Funds) SPIFFs to foster a competitive and collaborative team environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in managing and developing a lead generation team.
- 5+ years of inside sales management experience for a technology company preferably with a subscription or SaaS model is highly desirable.
- Experience in managing global lead generation or inside sales teams is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com, and prospecting tools like DiscoverOrg or ZoomInfo.
- Intelligent, motivated and competitive with a “roll-up-the-sleeves” and “get the job done” attitude.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills (outgoing and personable).
- Demonstrated success in achieving results through leading others; passion for coaching and mentoring individuals.
- Ability to adapt and adjust priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external professional partnerships.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Understanding of appropriate key performance indicators; ability to create and track individual and team metrics.
- Cultural fit is important; you must embody our core values of trust, passion, performance and respect.
Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance Management (IPM) company that provides unrivaled visibility and control into cloud and public Internet resources. Dyn’s platform monitors, controls and optimizes applications and infrastructure through Data, Analytics, and Traffic Steering, ensuring traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Dyn is the leading IPM provider to the largest enterprises and most visited web properties in the world, including eight of the top 10 Internet Services and Retail companies, and six of the top 10 Entertainment companies, in the Fortune 500. Dyn helps everyone from startups to companies like Pfizer, Visa, Netflix and Twitter solve the challenges associated with Internet scale, complexity and volatility. Dyn is Internet Performance. Delivered.
Dyn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top