Channel Sales Director â Government Sector
Channel Sales Director – Government Sector
Dyn is seeking a passionate, highly motivated, and driven Channel Sales Director to join our growing team and drive the US Government Channel Partnerships. Key responsibilities include proactive management of resellers, distributors, referral partners and focused business development. The position is further responsible for developing new markets in the public arena, developing new business and establishing comprehensive public channels of sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospecting and driving channel sales through government resellers, working with them to build pipeline, drive revenue, close new client deals and customer adoption.
- Identifying and securing unique business and revenue opportunities for the public sector channel segment.
- Forecasting and meeting and/or exceeding individual quota.
- Assist with training, developing and mentoring partner sales representatives to assist them in achieving their quota targets.
- Ownership of designated accounts inclusive of coordinating marketing activities related to sales promotions and events.
- Improve the channel as a source of new revenue growth through new and existing partnerships with assigned focus of the public sector channel segment.
- Negotiating and closing key channel sales deals to achieve quota targets.
- Maintaining extensive understanding of industry trends and growth drivers.
- Leveraging existing and developing new relationships in reseller.
- Organizational collaboration across disciplines as a lead stakeholder for channel (sales, product, marketing, client services, training, business operations).
- Minimum 7 years of prior successful Channel Sales experience and/or business development selling to enterprises through a strategic partners network within Internet, SaaS or technology driven organizations.
- Understanding of SaaS (subscription model).
- Highly motivated, results-driven channel sales professional with strong technical aptitude and business acumen.
- Serial networker with a golden rolodex in the public sector.
- Strong understanding of the sales process.
- Ability to prospect, pitch and close business.
- Highly energetic, goal oriented individual with a comfort level carrying a revenue quota/target.
- Proven track record of over achievement of quota along with forecasting accuracy.
- Outgoing and dynamic interpersonal and strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact with technical and business leaders at all levels.
- Proven ability to work across cross-functional teams (especially with Sales, Engineering and Support) in a fast-paced environment.
- Cultural fit is important. You must embody our core values of trust, passion, performance and respect.
- Eye on cross promotion and marketing initiatives with partners is highly desirable.
- Ability to travel to key customer/partner meetings and industry events.
- Dynamic individual with a true entrepreneurial spirit for a fast paced and growing environment.
- Able to work with CRM systems, maintaining a healthy pipeline and forecast.
Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance Management (IPM) company that provides unrivaled visibility and control into cloud and public Internet resources. Dyn’s platform monitors, controls and optimizes applications and infrastructure through Data, Analytics, and Traffic Steering, ensuring traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Dyn is the leading IPM provider to the largest enterprises and most visited web properties in the world, including eight of the top 10 Internet Services and Retail companies, and six of the top 10 Entertainment companies, in the Fortune 500. Dyn helps everyone from startups to companies like Pfizer, Visa, Netflix and Twitter solve the challenges associated with Internet scale, complexity and volatility. Dyn is Internet Performance. Delivered.
Dyn is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top