As a DXM account manager, you are the Clients' number one go to person as well as
being responsible for managing all elements of the campaign internally. You must have
a great can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. As well as servicing your accounts
and keeping the Clients' needs paramount, you need to be able to identify genuine
business opportunities with existing and potential clients and help to grow the business
within the agency. Reporting to the Client Services Director, you will be the day-to-day
manager of the client relationship; a brand champion, an agency facilitator, and a
trusted partner to both clients and your team. We will rely on your understanding of
marketing and business logic to smoothly manage all elements of the engagement
including project definition, scope of work, department management and team
management. The account manager is a marketing professional who thrives in a
constantly changing environment, inspiring all around them to deliver great work, day in
and day out.
- Drive multi-channel program and campaign development, working with different
teams and external contractors across multiple disciplines including but not limited to:
Creative, production, customer services, PR and media.
- Be the day-to-day contact for Manager and Director level clients. Write core client
communications such as contact reports, status reports and Scope of Work documents
including timelines, budgets and descriptions of deliverables.
- Coordinate team meetings and client presentations.
- Facilitate the development of project briefs, working with strategic planners
- Be the organizational center of projects – manage projects, problem solve, and lead
flawless execution even when the path to executing deliverables is not clear and you
are receiving input and direction from multiple stakeholders.
- Track project budgets and scopes, assessing estimates to actuals, managing the
process as needed.
- Reconcile budgets and ensure profitability of accounts at all times
- Will quickly gain knowledge of client and Agency operations and working knowledge
of Agency departments.
- Regularly develops in-depth and comprehensive competitive marketing analyses.
- Lead interface with clients, creative teams, production, and consulting teams
- Monitors on strategy, on-time/on-budget project performance, and escalates as
- Ability to understand and manage details of a campaign in the context of a larger
- Builds the client’s business through recommending, fostering, creating, and delivering
- Challenges direction, or client ideals and seeks alternate perspectives and approaches
in developing effective marketing strategies.
- Participates in focus groups and strategy development exercises
- Works integrally with other Agency departments to develop effective strategies,
briefings and creative and strategic work.
- Collaborates with other depts. (data analytics, marketing strategy, digital strategy,
etc) to create 360 marketing communications plans.
- Capable of writing simple marketing plans
- Participates in the presentation and selling through of creative and marketing plans
- Advocates for the business internally, and keeps the agency team informed, focused,
and enthused about their work and the business.
Back to top