UX Developer Intern
A UX Developer Intern is someone who asks why before they ask how. They are committed to quality user experiences through increased quality and consistency of our design and development efforts. As part of the Cross Platform Design team you will contribute to our design system either by researching, crafting, and developing new UI components or through other initiatives that enable our designers and engineers to deliver quality user experiences.
What you’ll do…
- Construct and give UI components to our design system via CSS, react components, sketch symbols
- Partner closely with Product Design and Engineering to identify UX Debt and craft solutions
- Help the Cross Platform team to expand and increase collaboration and usage of the design systems across design teams and engineering teams
- Document for component usage and guidelines and help share that knowledge with the rest of the org through presentation, lunch and learns, or 1 on 1 mentorship
Skills you have…
- Experience with modern development framework and standard methodologies
- Studying or achieved a degree in HCI, CS, Graphic Design or have relevant years of experience
- Should have strong skills for working with and contributing to scalable CSS architecture via SASS, cssNext, Design Tokens, or other relevant tools
- Excellent communication skills; ability to convey business needs through design objects to key partners
- Familiarity with WCAG standards and how to best implement them in design and front-end practices
Reasons why you should apply…
- You are a curious problem solver
- You accept the awkward spaces between Product Design, Interaction Design, Front-End Development, and Visual Design
- You are passionate about Design Systems and how to systemize UI components
- You love fostering collaboration between departments
- You can focus on the details without losing sight of the bigger picture
- This role will be based out of our Ann Arbor Michigan office
- Program dates are May 20th - August 9th. No exceptions.
- Roles are full time and 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
- Generous pay and employee perks
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top