Technical Support Engineer I
We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple.
We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
What you’ll do…
- You’ll be the face of support—and are key to our customer success and happiness.
- You will ensure that issues are received, recorded and repaired or escalated in a rapid, efficient manner.
- Along with your technical skills, you will work with various teammates at Duo to create long-lasting relationships with our customers and deliver experiences unique to our industry.
- You’ll help make Duo better not just for our customers, but for Duo as a whole.
- Act as a primary support contact to identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Facilitate customer communication via phone, chat and email
- Answer technical questions, then verify & resolve technical problems
- Create transformational customer service experiences, creating more promoters and champions of Duo
- Record & maintain accurate, timely details of issues and activity in a request tracking system
- Contribute to customer-facing and internal documentation used for self-support
- Help develop recommendations for product improvement based on support issues and customer feedback
Skills you have…
- At least 2-3 years experience in a customer-facing product support role
- Fundamental or methodical problem solver
- Strong network troubleshooting background
- Understanding of principle web technologies [DNS, HTTP(s), etc.]
- Windows OS administration experience [Active Directory]
- Cross-platform OS knowledge [Linux, Mac OS X, Windows]
- Cross-platform mobile device knowledge [iOS/Android/Windows Phone]
- Proactive, energetic, concise, patient and customer-centric
- Loves to translate “customer-speak” to “developer-speak” and vice-versa
- Follows through. Takes the initiative to own issues until resolution
- Unquenchable thirst for constant learning
- Documents & shares knowledge to improve team performance and customer self-service
- Multi-tasks and handles stress with ease, without getting flustered
- Knows when to escalate an issue or ask for help
- Welcomes & adapts to change in a swiftly paced workplace
Nice to Have’s
- Bachelor’s Degree [Computer Science, Information Systems or related]
- Network security or information assurance background
- Experience supporting a high-availability SaaS environment
- Familiar with enterprise-level technologies [Cisco, Citrix, Juniper, VMware, etc.]
- Previous experience with customer support or helpdesk issue tracking tools
- Basic scripting skills [BASH, Python, etc.]
- Back-end web development experience/troubleshooting is a plus
- Certifications are cool, too!
- Experience in retail or similar customer-facing roles
Reasons why you should apply…
- You care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- You are comfortable with the rapid, unpredictable nature of a tech startup
- You prefer trying and failing to getting it perfect the first time
- You are passionate about service & creating long-term customer relationships
- You have impeccable communication - both verbal and written
This job may not be for you if...
- Working for a company in hyper growth, where change is a constant, isn’t something you are ready to embrace
- If you prefer to work on your own (we are a team that pushes each other and learns together)
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
See Inside the Office of Duo Security
Duo was founded with the belief that security can only be effective if it is easy to use. Through that vision, Duo has built a world-class security platform that strives to be intuitive for clients. Duo supports thousands of customers—like Twitter, Facebook, Yelp, Etsy, Toyota and Kayak—and millions of users in organizations. Duo holds a 98% Tech Validate score and one of the highest Net Promoter Scores of any product.
Back to top