Technical Support Engineer
Posting Date 9/25/17
We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple.
We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
Our Technical Support Engineers are the face of support at Duo and are responsible for ensuring the success and happiness of our customers. Candidates must balance technical expertise with customer service skills and exude a willingness to expand their technical background. The ideal candidate will have experience in roles that require direct technical customer interaction, such as front-line support. Along with your technical skills, you will work with various teammates at Duo to create long-lasting relationships with our customers and deliver experiences unique to our industry. You’ll help make Duo better not just for our customers, but for Duo as a whole.
- Act as a primary support contact to identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Facilitate customer communication via phone, chat and email
- Answer technical questions, as well as verify and resolve technical problems
- Create transformational customer service experiences, establishing more promoters and champions of Duo
- Track and tag customer issues, feature requests, and details of customer issues within our ticketing system
- Contribute to customer-facing and internal documentation used for self-service
- Help develop recommendations for product improvement based on support issues and customer feedback
- 1+ years experience in a customer-facing support role
- Passionate about service & creating long-term customer relationships
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Network troubleshooting experience
- Understanding of basic web technologies [DNS, HTTP(s), etc.]
- Cross-platform mobile device knowledge [iOS/Android]
- Loves to translate “customer-speak” to “developer-speak” and vice versa
- Pro-active, energetic, patient and customer-centric
- Follows through. Ability to own and issue until resolution, escalating transparently (and knowing when to) if needed.
- Unquenchable thirst for constant learning
- Documents & shares knowledge to improve team performance
- Multi-tasks and handles stress with ease, without getting flustered
- Welcomes & adapts to change in a fast-paced workplace
- Eligible to work in the UK
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree [Computer Science, Information Systems or related]
- Cross platform OS knowledge [Linux, Mac OS X, Windows]
- Network security or information assurance background
- Experience supporting a high-availability SaaS environment
- Familiar with enterprise-level environments [VPNs, firewalls, virtualization, etc.]
- Windows OS domain administration knowledge
- Previous exposure to helpdesk issue tracking tools and/or CRM
- Experience with Salesforce
- Basic scripting/automation knowledge [BASH, Python, etc.]
- Back-end web development experience/troubleshooting is a plus
- Experience in retail or similar customer-facing roles
- Flexibility of working hours
- Care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Are comfortable with the rapid, unpredictable nature of a startup
- Prefer trying and failing to getting it perfect the first time
Excited? We want to hear from you!
Meet Some of Duo Security's Employees
Account Executive, Mid Market
As an account executive, Joni is responsible for growing new business, as well as developing and expanding within the mid-market segment by building solid, trustworthy relationships with customers.
Back to top