We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJs, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, Kayak and Etsy by making security simple.
What you'll do...
The Tax Analyst is directly supporting the overall sales tax function and related compliance. You will be part of a fast paced, collaborative and focused team of accountants and financial experts whose mission is to support the organization and its goals while have fun doing it.
Skills you have & responsibilities of this role...
- Minimum of 2-3 years Accounting experience in sales or use tax
- Microsoft Excel intermediate-advanced user (v-lookups and pivot tables)
- Bachelor or Associate degree
- Avalara and/or Intacct ERP experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Respond to customer and taxing authorities sales tax inquiries
- Process sales tax exemption certificates
- Maintain tax compliance calendar and other internal tools
- Process sales tax credit memos
- Calculate and book sales and use tax accruals
- Assist with state licensing and registrations
- Assist with miscellaneous tax projects
- Perform tax research using Checkpoint RIA
- Other duties as assigned
Reasons why you should apply….
- Hyper growth, innovative businesses excite you, and you’re a creative problem solver, always ready for a new challenge
- You have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and a willingness to jump in on many different projects, juggling many unique duties on a daily basis
- You’re good at building and sustaining productive relationships with all kinds of people across many functional teams
Reasons why you should NOT apply...
- You don’t have clear reasons for why you want to work at Duo or a clear vision of the value that you will bring to this role
- You’ll need to be quick on your feet and adaptable in order to thrive as we scale our business in a constantly changing environment - so, if you can’t handle ambiguity or changing priorities, then this may not be the right fit for you
- You view tax as a mundane and arduous task
Meet Some of Duo Security's Employees
Account Executive, Mid Market
As an account executive, Joni is responsible for growing new business, as well as developing and expanding within the mid-market segment by building solid, trustworthy relationships with customers.
Back to top