Solutions Engineer, SMB
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Duo’s SE team is a makeup of customer centric engineers that love providing prospects and customers with an amazing experience. We are focused on ensuring technical success with Duo. We work as a team to improve and strengthen our technical and sales skills. We believe in the importance of making a large impact at Duo by working closely with our customers, sales, product, engineering, R&D, marketing, support and customers success teams.
We are adding an SMB Sales Engineer responsible for positioning and selling Duo Security’s two-factor authentication product in the field. We need an expert solutions engineer with a consultative approach, experience with enterprise architecture and the ability to deliver successful proof of concepts. You must be an excellent communicator who can adapt their style to accommodate a variety of business use cases. You should have 2+ years of experience in roles that require direct technical customer interaction, such as Professional Services, Sales Engineering or Solutions Engineering background.
- Provide technical consulting for SMB prospects with up to 500 employees
- Be a resident subject matter expert on Duo Security and products we integrate with including Microsoft Active Directory, VPNs, Windows Server, Cloud Applications and more.
- Deliver successful proof-of-concepts, deployment planning and consulting engagements.
- Establish and maintain technical credibility with prospects and existing clients
- Build tight-knit relationships with customers to help advance deals
- Actively communicate with engineering and product marketing with respect to evolving customer requirements in the marketplace
- Improve the customer's experience through webinars, workshops and written documentation.
- Ownership of technical RFIs and RFPs
Skills you'll have...
- Able to configure and install enterprise technologies including firewalls, network infrastructure, virtualization, web applications, unix and windows.
- Able to tackle and solve network issues
- Knowledge of commonly used security technologies and protocols including Firewalls, SSL, two-factor authentication and Single Sign-On.
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to collaborate across geographically dispersed functions
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Duo Security's Employees
Account Executive, Mid Market
As an account executive, Joni is responsible for growing new business, as well as developing and expanding within the mid-market segment by building solid, trustworthy relationships with customers.
Back to top