Software Engineer - Duo Security
- Ann Arbor, MI
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo's mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge - transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that's why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
What you'll do...
As a Software Developer in our team you will develop the core authentication platform. This platform is responsible for approximately 1 billion authentications per month and has a target SLA of 99.99%. Our primary responsibility is to innovate new ways to scale and increase the availability of our core platform.
Skills you have...
- 2+ years professional experience as a software developer
- Experience solving problems preferably in highly scalable web applications
- Experience with Python or a similar modern high-level language
- A good understanding of OOP and design patterns that avoid redundancy and promote efficiency, legibility, testability, and maintainability of code
- Experience with SQL or noSQL databases
- Able to work constructively in a group, not led by ego
- Willing to learn new tools and technologies
- Care about contributing to amazing work culture and environment
- Love collaborating with, teaching, and learning from high-performing peers on software projects
Even better if...
- You have experience with distributed systems and microservices architecture
- You worked with AWS
- You have experience with Active Directory or other directory services
- You have knowledge of encryption, authentication, and authorization
Bring your development skills to our already diverse and talented group. We'll work together toward our goal of making security simple to understand, easy to implement, and seamlessly integrated into the world's most popular software products.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo's achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, the nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran's status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Back to top