Senior Technical Implementation Engineer
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
As a Senior Customer Solutions Engineer, you will collaborate with our Customer Success Managers to promote time-to-value for Duo’s strategic Enterprise customers, specifically by leading technical onboarding engagements. Together, we will provide architectural oversight and methodologies that translate business objectives and requirements into specific recommended configurations, and identify/troubleshoot potential deployment blockers. We are looking for a good communicator who adapts to various customer situations and audiences (from IT administrator to CISO). We're hoping you have relevant experience and background in roles that require direct technical customer interaction, such as Professional Services, Solutions Engineering, or Technical Support. Your other responsibilities will include:
- Effectively managing customer expectations - develop, cultivate, and maintain trusted advisor relationship to establish and maintain technical credibility.
- Develop playbooks to drive scalability through repeatable implementations, using your attention to detail and focus on process efficiency.
- Build and promote technical proficiency across Duo products and supported technical integrations. Present product demos and share knowledge with others through the generation of technical notes and/or end user training materials.
- Conduct virtual and occasional onsite project meetings, trainings and knowledge transfer sessions.
- Develop, foster and maintain effective working relationships across internal Duo Security teams. Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management, advocate customer feature requests and help influence our product roadmap.
- Consistently grow your knowledge of the competitive landscape and industry news. Confidently position Duo and handle objections related to competitive solutions.
Skills you have…
- 5+ years experience in a customer facing role as an implementation consultant or technical project manager delivering SaaS-based solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical degree preferred.
- Ability to motivate and lead customers from project planning through successful implementation by leveraging good technical relationships.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple customers and project requirements during different stages of the implementation lifecycle.
- Excellent written and oral business communication, and project/time management skills.
- Comfortable working in large complex Enterprise environments, and ability to assess/diagnose complex network and authentication workflow issues.
- Deep understanding of security technologies including two-factor authentication, identity and access management, PKI, Windows and/or Unix system administration, and virtualization technologies.
- Administrator-level experience with Microsoft technologies, including Windows Server, Azure, Office 365, Exchange/OWA, AD FS/claims rules.
- Proficiency in administering Active Directory and/or LDAP, configuring domains and trusts, pushing GPO’s.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of radius authentication.
- Hands-on experience configuring and solving problems related to SAML/SSO authentication.
- Well versed with VPN configuration, load balancing concepts and technologies (F5, NetScaler, A10, Kemp).
- Deep knowledge of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You are technically inquisitive and derive happiness from driving the success of your customers and improving an organization’s security posture - you live for that “a-ha!” moment when their light bulb shines!
- You work well under pressure, thrive in a rapidly changing environment, and stay flexible through growth and change.
- You love working in a team of smart individuals where everyone brings their ideas to collaborate together on solutions.
This job may not be for you if…
- Traveling up to 20% of the time wouldn’t be the best fit with your personal life.
- Working for a company in hyper growth, where rapid change isn’t something you are comfortable embracing.
- You prefer to work on your own. (We are a team that pushes each other and learns together)
Meet Some of Duo Security's Employees
Account Executive, Mid Market
As an account executive, Joni is responsible for growing new business, as well as developing and expanding within the mid-market segment by building solid, trustworthy relationships with customers.
Back to top