Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Administration team, you will work with an Agile team to develop new features and support a mature product which allows our customers to administer the Duo experience for their end users. You will face challenges that require creative solutions and a broad array of technical skills. You will work closely with product management, product design, and beta customers to deliver software at a rapid pace and of the highest quality.
Our ideal candidate has successfully developed highly scalable and available distributed systems. Experience with security products, Python, and Twisted are a big plus, as is experience working on B2B and SaaS products. If you're coming up short in these areas, but think you could still knock it out of the park, convince us why!
- 4+ years experience with Python, Perl, Ruby or other dynamic programming languages. Experience with Twisted a plus
- Experience building highly scalable systems, up to millions of users
- You’re a LAMP guru. You’ve worked with SQL databases like MySQL, NoSQL stores like Redis, or something in between. You have troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing low-level OS issues to large-scale failures within distributed systems
- Experience delivering quality software through modern testing techniques
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, or conducting “Brown Bag” talks for peers on and off your your immediate team
- Experience with developing SaaS products
- Experience with IaaS (e.g. AWS)
- Background in software security
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with message queueing systems
- Care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Are comfortable with the rapid, unpredictable nature of a high growth company
- Prefer trying and failing to getting it perfect the first time
- Don't believe you have to live on a coast to work for a high-growth company
Excited? We can't wait to hear from you!
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top