Senior R&D Engineer
Duo is on a mission to end the era of passwords and democratize advanced security technologies to protect everyone, not just the Fortune 500s. We're solving the biggest security challenges in the industry and want you to join us for the ride!
In Duo Labs, we take a page from DARPA in our mission statement, in that we aim create “strategic surprise” against our competitors and the market by maintaining a technological superiority. We believe in attack driven defense and value the understanding and the breaking of systems as highly as the designing and building of them. To this end we take on special research and development projects in our skunkworks Labs group that require different kinds of thinking and skill sets to tackle than our normal engineering process. These are projects ideally result in delivering innovative security capabilities to our customers through our product, but might be 12-24 months out from being productized, and we might not have the answers (or even all the questions!) when we start tackling them.
We're looking for creative engineers for the Labs team to help push our product’s security capabilities forward by leaps and bounds not incremental steps. If you’re passionate about solving hard security problems to help some of the world’s largest organizations, if you enjoy going from idea to prototype rapidly and have a never ending stream of ideas you want to build, if you enjoy to share your research with the world in papers, code, and at conferences, if you like working with a wide range of technologies to assess feasibility and new applications, then Duo Labs is the place for you.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Research and develop innovative solutions to the world’s most challenging security problems
- Research into finding new and novel ways to circumvent security controls in the world around you
- Develop proof-of-concept code to demonstrate technical feasibility of potential solutions
- Collaborate with product and engineering to transition proof of concepts for commercialization
- Externalize the fruits our research program to further Duo’s thought leadership and open source efforts
- 3-6 years of experience working at a software product company, preferably in a R&D role
- Expertise with one or more modern programming languages, preferably Python
- Experience thinking like an attacker and bypassing existing security controls and assumptions
- Broad, but not necessarily deep, experience across systems, web, mobile, and cloud environments
- Strong understanding of security fundamentals and familiarity with modern security approaches
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and brainstorm creative approaches to hard technical problems
- Are passionate about contributing to a product company building security technology
- Are comfortable with the rapid, unpredictable nature of a high-growth tech startup
- Are able to ideate, scope, manage, and drive projects to completion with little guidance.
- Are ready to take on just about anything, and figure things out one way or another
- Have high standards and want to make a difference with your work
Excited? We can't wait to hear from you!
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the rare contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Meet Some of Duo Security's Employees
Account Executive, Mid Market
As an account executive, Joni is responsible for growing new business, as well as developing and expanding within the mid-market segment by building solid, trustworthy relationships with customers.
Back to top