Senior Project Manager
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
The Program Management Team at Duo is a multifaceted team dedicated to both excellence in software delivery and excellence as an organization. The two main roles of our department are Project Managers, who primarily drive successful completion of feature development, and Program Managers, who run all the programs that make the Research & Development organization an outstanding place to work. We are a flexible group that will take on any project or initiative needed to make us successful.
This position is for a Senior Project Manager, who is both a project manager and scrum master for two of our Engineering teams. They will help us establish processes and standard methodologies with our Austin or Ann Arbor teams.
What you’ll do…
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering Managers to realize product vision and deliver customer value.
- Work with the Engineering teams as a scrum master and/or project manager as necessary to enable team success and drive results.
- Facilitate standard sprint ceremonies, including reporting progress and risk to various stakeholders at different levels.
- Act as an advocate for project management practices across the organization. Help drive organizational change through this advocacy.
- Mentor project management team members.
- Challenge the status quo to ensure we’re continuously improving.
Skills you have…
- Experience in a software development organization. SaaS experience is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technical field is preferred, with a minimum of 5-7 years experience in technical project management.
- Certified Scrum Master (or equivalent experience/knowledge).
- Experience leading large projects requiring cross-team collaboration and proven ability to establish relationships across teams.
- You take initiative to make positive, measurable changes in your organization. You are extremely organized with world-class communication skills, both verbal and written.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- This position will have a hand in shaping the way the team works and delivers software as we continue growing at a rapid pace.
- You’ll be asked to take on new and unknown challenges to support the team - if that interests you, this position may be a great fit
- You put people before process
This job may not be for you if...
- If the pace of a fast-moving, growth phase company makes you uncomfortable, or if you need a lot of well-established policies and procedures before you can make decisions and drive results, this might not be the best role for you.
- If you’re uncomfortable leading, facilitating, and speaking in front of groups, this may not be a good fit
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top