Senior Production Engineer
We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple. We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
What you’ll do…
As a Production Engineer, you will deliver secure, cloud-based services as part of our Trusted Access Platform. Together with your engineering team, you will own performance and uptime of production systems and share on-call responsibilities. In this role, you will also create solutions that will keep our service reliable and fast at all times, design and improve automated tools for systems management and monitoring, and partner with multiple engineering teams to analyze and debug deployed systems.
Skills you have…
- You are able to program in Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP, or other dynamic programming languages. Experience with Twisted a plus.
- You have experience building highly scalable systems to support millions of active users. Experience with IaaS platforms like AWS, Azure, and Google Compute Engine preferred.
- You’re a LAMP guru. You’ve worked with SQL databases like MySQL, NoSQL stores like Redis, or something in between. You have troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing low-level OS issues to large-scale failures within distributed systems.
- You have working knowledge of large-scale internet service architectures like load balancing, clustering, distributed systems, content delivery networks, service oriented architectures, and message queueing systems.
- You are detail oriented and situationally aware. You have that knack for identifying problems before they happen. You’re an owner in everything that you do.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You love continuous improvement. You identify issues/opportunities and translate those into results. You automate anything and everything you can.
- You want to be a part of something big and make a difference. Duo is changing the face of security, and is protecting many of the world's top brands. Downtime is not an option.
- You are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You approach conflict in a constructive manner and help to identify root causes of problems, offer corrective actions, and participate in the solutions.
This job may not be for you if...
- If you need a lot of well-established policies and procedures before you can make decisions and drive results, this might not be the best role for you.
- If you’re not interested in the Ops side of DevOps, you might be more interested in one of our Software Engineering positions.
- If you’re not able to balance priorities and drive results on the things that are important. As a Production Engineer, you’re forced to make hard decisions every day.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Meet Some of Duo Security's Employees
Account Executive, Mid Market
As an account executive, Joni is responsible for growing new business, as well as developing and expanding within the mid-market segment by building solid, trustworthy relationships with customers.
Back to top