Senior Product Designer
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
A Senior Product Designer at Duo is someone who…
- thinks strategically about UX / UI design… utilizes business rationale as a design tool.
- works with Project Managers, Engineers and others to establish and clarify project requirements and convert them into design solutions.
- can convincingly communicate design solutions that solve business problems.
- can design for the future, but understand the time and technology constraints of now.
- is a ‘player/coach' with hands-on design experience and enjoys mentoring junior designers.
- has the ability to create (and lead others to create) appropriate design deliverables.
What you’ll do…
Senior Product Designers serve as leading figures in the design of new and innovative features. Although individual designers report directly to the Product Design Manager, we (Sr. Product Designer) are expected to lead and oversee the work of their specific project team, and set the bar for quality. We work closely with Design Researchers, Product Managers, Engineers to develop new customer-facing features — both mobile and web.
Senior Product Designers lead large, multi-quarter initiatives that are strategically meaningful to Duo. We help shape the overall product strategy, by applying their domain expertise in security, SaaS, and enterprise software, and take an active role in advocating for Human-Centered Design processes. Sr Product Designers develop their team’s skills through regular design reviews, mentorship and strive to elevate the quality of the entire design team’s work.
Skills you have…
- 10+ years of professional (post-college) work in User Experience Design
- Developed deep expertise in Interaction Design and Information Architecture
- Demonstrable experience designing complex web and mobile applications
- Experience leading and performing design research efforts
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, or other design software
- Expert knowledge of Marvel, InVision, or other prototyping software
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional product design/development team
- Experience with creating and presenting design solutions to key stakeholders
Why you should apply…
- You thrive having the autonomy to operate in a challenging problem space
- You look at ambiguity as opportunities and not problems
- You work best in teams of high-performers focused on a common goal
- You are delighted when your end-users are happy and frustrated when they are frustrated
- You love sharing your real passion for design with others
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Duo Security's Employees
Account Executive, Mid Market
As an account executive, Joni is responsible for growing new business, as well as developing and expanding within the mid-market segment by building solid, trustworthy relationships with customers.
Back to top