Senior Product Designer
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
About the team
Our team is creating meaningful impact in a world of data breaches and hacked passwords. We also have a lot of fun doing it. We love learning from our customers through our research practice. Our project work and design systems span mobile and web interfaces. The team is highly collaborative and works closely with engineers and product managers. We are at an exciting moment in our growth. Now, as part of Cisco (Duo was recently acquired) we have the resources and reach of a global company while we keep our super fun culture.
Security doesn’t have to be scary or complex. Design is at the core of Duo's mission: Democratize security by making it simple, effective and easy to use.
A Senior Product Designer at Duo…
- Thinks deeply about user experience and utilizes business rationale to inform their designs.
- Collaborates closely with Project Managers, Engineers and others to bring a unique design-centric perspective to the table.
- Plans and executes design research with customers and shares findings broadly across the organization.
- Creates design solutions that scale for the future, but understands the technology constraints of now.
- Inspires and leads the team toward real business outcomes, while living our "kinder than necessary" value.
In this role you will…
- Lead large, multi-quarter initiatives that align with Duo’s top priorities.
- Help shape the overall product strategy, by applying your domain expertise and collaborating with peers across the R&D organization.
- Design solutions for an ecosystem of end-user touchpoints and administrative interfaces.
- Play an active role in advocating for a Human-Centered Design process and creating a collaborative environment.
- Lead as a ‘player/coach’… hands-on design and mentoring less experienced designers.
Experience you bring includes…
- Deep expertise in Interaction Design, Design Research and Information Architecture
- Experience and examples of complex web applications you have worked on
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision or other design and prototyping software
- Working as part of a cross-functional product design team and partnering with engineering and product management teams
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top