Senior Customer Solutions Engineer - Federal
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
What you’ll do…
As a Federal Senior Customer Solutions Engineer, you will partner with our Customer Success Managers to drive time-to-value for Duo’s strategic Federal customers, specifically by leading technical onboarding engagements. You will provide architectural guidance and best practices that translate business objectives and requirements into specific recommended configurations, and identify/troubleshoot potential deployment blockers. You must be a strong communicator who comfortably adapts to various customer situations and audiences (from IT administrator to CISO). You should have relevant experience and background in roles that require direct technical customer interaction, such as Professional Services, Solutions Engineering, or Technical Support. Your other responsibilities will include:
- Effectively managing customer expectations - develop, foster and maintain trusted advisor relationship to establish and maintain technical credibility.
- Develop playbooks to drive scalability through repeatable implementations, using your attention to detail and focus on process efficiency.
- Build technical proficiency across Duo products and supported technical integrations. Present product demos and share knowledge with others through the creation of technical notes and/or end user training materials.
- Conduct virtual and occasional onsite project meetings, trainings and knowledge transfer sessions.
- Develop, foster and maintain effective working relationships across internal Duo Security teams. Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management, advocate customer feature requests and help influence our product roadmap.
- Consistently grow your knowledge of the competitive landscape and industry news. Confidently position Duo and handle objections related to competitive solutions.
Skills you have…
- 5+ years experience in a customer facing role as a implementation consultant or technical project manager delivering SaaS-based solutions to Federal or Public Sector agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal agency security/compliance requirements, like: FedRAMP, FISMA, FIPS, NIST Special Publications, DFARS, CJIS, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical degree preferred.
- Ability to motivate and lead customers from project planning through successful implementation by leveraging strong technical relationships.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple customers and project requirements during different stages of the implementation lifecycle.
- Excellent written and oral business communication, and project/time management skills.
- Comfortable working in large complex Enterprise environments, and ability to assess/diagnose complex network and authentication workflow issues.
- Deep understanding of security technologies including two-factor authentication, identity and access management, PKI, Windows and/or Unix system administration, and virtualization technologies.
- Administrator-level experience with Microsoft technologies, including Windows Server, Azure, Office 365, Exchange/OWA, AD FS/claims rules.
- Hands-on experience administering Active Directory and/or LDAP, configuring domains and trusts, pushing GPO’s.
- Strong knowledge of RADIUS authentication.
- Hands-on experience configuring and troubleshooting SAML/SSO authentication.
- Skilled with VPN configuration, load balancing concepts and technologies (F5, NetScaler, A10, Kemp).
- Knowledge of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
See Inside the Office of Duo Security
Duo was founded with the belief that security can only be effective if it is easy to use. Through that vision, Duo has built a world-class security platform that strives to be intuitive for clients. Duo supports thousands of customers—like Twitter, Facebook, Yelp, Etsy, Toyota and Kayak—and millions of users in organizations. Duo holds a 98% Tech Validate score and one of the highest Net Promoter Scores of any product.
Back to top