QA Manager, Projects Team
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
We like building a fantastic product and are looking for a QA Manager to lead our team. We apply the rigor of engineering to Quality, to develop ways to ensure testing is easy, to ensure feedback is quick and do all this in a measurable way. We tackle areas of friction that exist in the Software development life cycle today and create solutions that solve them. Our solutions could be tools or processes or mindset changing trainings, depending on what will work best in those specific situations. The team has a focus on Test automation, build system improvements and performance testing. You will report the QA Director and manage a team of SDETs (Software Development Engineers in Test) who may be working on one of these focus areas.
What you’ll do:
- Recruit, onboard and mentor a team of Software Development Engineers in Test(SDET)s
- Get involved with products/projects at an early stage, to provide feedback from a quality perspective. Stay involved throughout the lifecycle of the product/project, from a quality standpoint. Be an advocate for quality in the projects you’re involved with.
- Understanding requirements, prioritizing requirements, creating test plans (for smoke/regression/functional/acceptance testing), reviewing test performance and reporting on quality of product/projects
- Maintain existing test automation: ensure that they are running as fast as they can, ensure that they give reliable feedback and ensure that they keep up with changes in the product
- Research and evaluate current automation testing tools and recommend new tools as necessary
- Set up build/continuous integration tools, so that an automated build process is set in place. Consequently, set up automated test suites to run from the build system
- Measure coverage and other metrics that could help us identify gaps in testing and improve the quality of our products
- Performance measurement/testing, identifying bottlenecks and working with dev teams to resolve those issues and verifying that the fixes resolve the issues reported and do not cause regressions
- Participate in peer reviews of code of test code and where possible, with application code
Skills you have:
- BA/BS preferably in the fields of Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years experience in managing a team of Software Development engineers in Test or QA Automation Engineers
- 5-10 years experience in Quality engineering, experience with SaaS and Security would be great
- Communicates effectively about technical, as well as strategic concepts, to diverse audiences.
- Operates efficiently in ambiguous environments
- Demonstrates a bias towards action
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills
3 Reasons why you should apply:
- You are comfortable with rapid pace and change that can occur quickly
- You are not afraid to learn from mistakes and share them with the team
- You approach conflict in a constructive manner and help to identify root causes of problems, offer corrective actions, and participate in the solutions
This job may not be for you if:
- If the pace of a fast-moving company makes you uncomfortable
- If you prefer a strictly defined role where you come in, do X, Y, Z every day and go home, to a role where your knowledge is the only limit to what you do
- If you need a lot of well established policies and procedures before you can make decisions and drive results, this might not be the best role for you
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
See Inside the Office of Duo Security
Duo was founded with the belief that security can only be effective if it is easy to use. Through that vision, Duo has built a world-class security platform that strives to be intuitive for clients. Duo supports thousands of customers—like Twitter, Facebook, Yelp, Etsy, Toyota and Kayak—and millions of users in organizations. Duo holds a 98% Tech Validate score and one of the highest Net Promoter Scores of any product.
Back to top