Engineering Manager, Platform
We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple. We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
If you’re passionate about solving hard cloud security problems at a hyper-growth company, love working with brilliant teammates, and want to help the world’s organizations realize easy-to-use security capabilities, then this role is for you.
What you’ll do…
Duo’s Production Engineering team is responsible for the availability, efficiency, and performance of our production services. As the Engineering Manager of Cloud Security Operations on the Production Engineering team, you will work closely to bridge Production Engineering and Security missions to ensure the availability and secure operation of our cloud infrastructure. In this role, you will be responsible for measuring and improving the resiliency of our systems, creating solutions that satisfy cloud security best practices, and continuously testing our security controls.
Skills you have…
- 5+ years experience in managing a team of engineers with demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills.
- Experience collaborating successfully with security, compliance, operations, and software engineering teams.
- Solid understanding of foundational security problems, technology, and market landscape.
- Experience with AWS security best practices. Experience with Azure and Google Compute Engine a plus.
- Working knowledge of large-scale internet service architectures like load balancing, clustering, distributed systems, content delivery networks, service oriented architectures, and message queueing systems.
- You are able to program in Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP, or other dynamic programming languages. Experience with Twisted a plus.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You want to be a part of something big and make a difference. Duo is changing the face of security, and is protecting many of the world's top brands.
- You are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You approach conflict in a constructive manner and help to identify root causes of problems, offer corrective actions, and participate in the solutions.
- You love the challenges presented by the ever-changing security landscape.
This job may not be for you if...
- If you need a lot of well-established policies and procedures before you can make decisions and drive results, this might not be the best role for you.
- Your first instinct is to point out why something can’t be done rather than solving for how to make it happen.
- If you’re not able to balance priorities and drive results on the things that are important. As the Engineering Manager of Cloud Security Operations, you’re forced to make hard decisions every day.
Meet Some of Duo Security's Employees
Account Executive, Mid Market
As an account executive, Joni is responsible for growing new business, as well as developing and expanding within the mid-market segment by building solid, trustworthy relationships with customers.
Back to top