We like building a phenomenal product and are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead a feature team in developing our best-in-class SaaS security platform. Reporting to the Engineering Director, the Engineering Manager will own the delivery of new and existing products. You’ll own the entire SDLC for your products, from research to design through development, test and launch. You will also have the opportunity to build and manage a team of A-players in achieving these results.
The right person for us will have deep experience managing a team for a cloud company and operates with a hands-on approach and in-depth working knowledge of the code and the technologies involved. Experience with security products is a huge plus, as is experience working on B2B and SaaS products.
What you’ll do…
- Collaborate and execute closely with Product Management, Product Design, and other key stakeholders to deliver effective products with a huge security impact
- Deliver new functionality in an agile environment
- Recruit, hire, train, and mentor your team and have the autonomy to make decisions that will impact your team
- Communicate in a multi-functional way to align team and company goals
- Advocate, evangelize, and implement engineering best practices
- Obsess over making the product easy-for-users and impossible for bad guys
Skills you have…
- BA/BS preferably in the fields of Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years experience in leading a team of software developers
- 5+ years experience in software engineering, preferably in developing web applications
- You communicate effectively about technical and strategic concepts to diverse audiences
- You operate efficiently in ambiguous environments; able to pivot quickly
- You demonstrate a bias towards action
- You have a tried and tested method for coaching and mentoring
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were crafted in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, calm to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Meet Some of Duo Security's Employees
Account Executive, Mid Market
As an account executive, Joni is responsible for growing new business, as well as developing and expanding within the mid-market segment by building solid, trustworthy relationships with customers.
Back to top