Director, People Operations
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance. Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
We are looking for a Director of People Operations to join our growing team. Reporting to the SVP People, this leader has a track record of developing world-class teams by successfully transforming business objectives into people strategies and systems. An innate builder, this role will be a critical stakeholder in navigating our evolution from late-stage startup to global enterprise organization.
Leading our People Operations team, this person will work cross-functionally throughout the organization to execute strategies, systems, processes, and practices that enable our success. Mirroring our “easy, effective, and enduring” product philosophy, they will work to support Duo where it is today while also laying the foundation for future scale. A critical collaborator in the People leadership team, they will partner closely with their peers across the People Business Partners, Recruiting, Diversity and Inclusion, and Growth Initiatives teams to enables programs that attract, develop, and retain.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the SVP People and leadership team to establish the key strategic priorities, deliverables, timelines, and reporting of the People department
- Lead People Operations team to execute progressive strategies across Compensation and Benefits, Systems, Tools and Reporting, Process Development, Project Management, and Compliance.
- Build a holistic operational framework to enable program development and management across the entire people department function
- Design and develop department practices, policies, and compliance that meet requirements while also providing a positive employee experience
- Drive planning for operational growth readiness objectives including such topics as globalization, strategies, enterprise level internal systems and tools
- Enable employee attraction, retention, and motivation with competitive and well-understood total rewards programs and processes
- Partner with the Business Partner team to establish scalable tools and practices that empower their organizational training, performance, engagement, and development programs
- Manage HR systems and tools, ensuring strong integration, great user experience, real time data reporting capabilities
- Utilize a highly data driven approach to identify trends and recommend proactive solutions for employee performance, retention, and engagement
- Proactively communicate at all levels in the company to support effective change management
Skills you have…
- 8+ years leadership in a People Operations / HR role
- Recent experience scaling and managing a 1000+ global organization
- A natural coaching and mentoring style, listening effectively and building rapport with a diverse workforce - all in the spirit of helping employees at all levels move from goal to outcome in a developmental way
- Background in the technology (SaaS) industry at a public company preferred
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people operations strategy that have driven specific business results.
- Expert understanding of compensation, benefits, systems, and employment law
- Experience implementing and managing enterprise level HR and recruiting software
3 reasons why you should apply…
- A fast growing environment excites you, and the challenge of transforming a late stage start-up to a global public ready organization will bring you fulfillment in a leadership role
- You are enthusiastic to join a company investing in enterprise level solutions, developing new structures and approaches to rewards, and enabling you to excel in architecting processes that are going to shape our future. Simple put, this is a genuine opportunity to build.
- You truly enjoy being a people leader, specifically combining being very detail oriented with a flexible, responsive approach.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Duo Security's Employees
Account Executive, Mid Market
As an account executive, Joni is responsible for growing new business, as well as developing and expanding within the mid-market segment by building solid, trustworthy relationships with customers.
Back to top