Director of Sales Engineering (EMEA)
Date of Posting: 11/8/2017
Expires: When Filled
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
As our Director of Solutions Engineering (EMEA) at Duo, you’ll manage a small team of Sales Engineers in our London Office while forming the strategy to further grow and scale the region new heights. Our Sales Engineering leaders are players and coaches, and are passionate about career development and watching their SE’s succeed by partnering with the rest of the sales team to ultimately close new Duo customers. You’ll use strong leadership skills, vision and ability to execute on overarching sales goals, and help launch our Duo London team into EMEA, and beyond.
What you'll do:
- Provide strong leadership, vision, and direction for the EMEA SE team
- Architect, implement and execute on an overarching sales strategy and vision for rapid revenue generation and new customer acquisition growing our market share
- Recruit, hire and lead a high performing solutions engineer team
- Be accountable for the attainment of assigned new customer acquisition and financial performance targets
- Track and analyze solutions engineer activity to understand and capitalize on buying trends and patterns
- Maintain Subject Matter Expert level knowledge of Duo solutions on technical level
- Stay current in understanding the competitive landscape and security industry trends
- Establish policies and processes for the team to ensure revenue growth
- 5+ years of experience in role(s) as a direct manager including technical customer interaction (Professional Services, presales, Sales Engineering or Solutions Engineering)
- 3+ years experience managing enterprise level solutions engineers
- Proven track record of success, driving revenue growth against quota, and increased profitability in the SaaS industry
- Deep experience in field sales standard methodologies and building, coaching and mentoring a team of high-performing sales engineers
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed with a real passion for succeeding
- Analytical and driven by data to help make decisions through all stages of the sales cycle
- Knowledge of commonly used security technologies and protocols including Firewalls, SSL, two-factor authentication and Single Sign-On
- Understanding of security aspects such as identity and access management, identity management, and encryption protocols
- Experience running complex workshops and proof-of-concepts
- Excellent business communication and project management skills
- Ability to collaborate across geographically dispersed functions
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Duo Security's Employees
Account Executive, Mid Market
As an account executive, Joni is responsible for growing new business, as well as developing and expanding within the mid-market segment by building solid, trustworthy relationships with customers.
Back to top