Director of Sales Engineering (EMEA)
Date of Posting: 11/8/2017
Expires: When Filled
We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple. We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solving some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
As a Director of Solutions Engineering at Duo, you’ll manage a small team of Enterprise level Solutions Engineers while forming the strategy to further grow and scale the team to new heights. Our SE Managers are players and coaches, and are passionate about career development and watching their SE’s succeed by partnering with the Account Executive team to ultimately close new Duo customers. You’ll use strong leadership skills, vision and ability to execute on overarching sales goals.
- Provide strong leadership, vision, and direction for the EMEA SE team
- Architect, implement and execute on an overarching sales strategy and vision for rapid revenue generation and new customer acquisition expanding our market share
- Recruit, hire and lead a high performing solutions engineer team
- Be accountable for the attainment of assigned new customer acquisition and financial performance targets
- Track and analyze solutions engineer activity to understand and capitalize on buying trends and patterns
- Maintain Subject Matter Expert level knowledge of Duo solutions on technical level
- Stay current in understanding the competitive landscape and security industry trends
- Establish policies and processes for the team to ensure revenue growth
- 5+ years of experience in role(s) as a direct manager including technical customer interaction (Professional Services, presales, Sales Engineering or Solutions Engineering)
- 3+ years experience managing enterprise level solutions engineers
- Proven track record of success, driving revenue growth against quota, and increased profitability in the SaaS industry
- Deep experience in field sales best practices and building, coaching and mentoring a solutions engineer team
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed with a passion for succeeding
- Analytical and metrics-driven through all stages of the sales cycle
- Knowledge of commonly used security technologies and protocols including Firewalls, SSL, two-factor authentication and Single Sign-On
- Understanding of security aspects such as identity and access management, identity management, and encryption protocols
- Experience running complex workshops and proof-of-concepts
- Excellent business communication and project management skills
- Ability to collaborate across geographically dispersed functions
- Care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Are comfortable with the rapid, unpredictable nature of a tech startup
Excited? We can't wait to hear from you!
Meet Some of Duo Security's Employees
Account Executive, Mid Market
As an account executive, Joni is responsible for growing new business, as well as developing and expanding within the mid-market segment by building solid, trustworthy relationships with customers.
Back to top