Customer Solutions Engineer
What you’ll do…
As a Customer Solutions Engineer, you will partner with our Customer Success Managers to drive time-to-value for Duo customers, specifically by leading technical onboarding engagements. You will deliver best practices that translate business objectives and requirements into specific recommended configurations, and identify/troubleshoot potential deployment blockers. You must be a strong communicator who comfortably adapts to various customer situations and audiences (from IT administrator to CISO). You should have relevant experience and background in roles that require direct technical customer interaction, such as Professional Services, Solutions Engineering, or Technical Support. Your other responsibilities will include:
- Effectively managing customer expectations - develop, foster and maintain trusted advisor relationship to establish and maintain technical credibility.
- Develop playbooks to drive scalability through repeatable implementations, using your attention to detail and focus on process efficiency.
- Build technical proficiency across Duo products and supported technical integrations. Present product demos and share knowledge with others through the creation of technical notes and/or end user training materials.
- Conduct virtual and occasional onsite project meetings, trainings and knowledge transfer sessions.
- Develop, foster and maintain effective working relationships across internal Duo Security teams. Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management, advocate customer feature requests and help influence our product roadmap.
- Consistently grow your knowledge of the competitive landscape and industry news. Confidently position Duo and handle objections related to competitive solutions.
Skills you have…
- 2+ years experience in a customer facing role as a implementation consultant or technical project manager delivering SaaS-based solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical degree preferred.
- Ability to motivate and guide customers through successful implementation by leveraging strong technical relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize customer requirements at different stages of the implementation lifecycle.
- Excellent written and oral business communication, and project/time management skills.
- Familiar with security technologies such as two-factor authentication, identity and access management, PKI, Windows and/or Unix system administration, and virtualization technologies.
- Administrative experience with Active Directory and/or LDAP, configuring domains and trusts, pushing GPO’s.
- Understanding of RADIUS authentication.
- Comfortable with VPN configuration, load balancing concepts and technologies (f5, Netscaler).
- Administrative/configuration experience with SAML/SSO authentication is desirable.
- Confidence administering Microsoft technologies, including Azure, Office 365, Exchange/OWA, ADFS, and server OSes.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You are technically inquisitive and derive satisfaction from driving the success of your customers and improving an organization’s security posture - you live for that “a-ha!” moment when their light bulb shines!
- You work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and stay flexible through growth and change.
- You love working in a team of smart individuals where everyone brings their ideas to collaborate together on solutions.
This job may not be for you if…
- Traveling up to 20% of the time wouldn’t be the best fit with your personal life.
- Working for a company in hyper growth, where change is rapid and constant, isn’t something you are comfortable embracing.
- You prefer to work on your own (we are a team that pushes each other and learns together)
Back to top