Account Executive, EDU
We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple.
We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
We are seeking a driven and experienced Account Manager to join our sales team. In this role, you are responsible for driving expansion business within the existing EDU vertical customer base. An EDU Account Executive manages the pipeline and delivers results against a quota. This person must demonstrate all the behaviors associated with a high performance sales culture, specifically identifying customer growth and strategic opportunities, managing renewals, focusing efforts on those with churn risk, and producing accurate forecast reports.
- Understand customer requirements
- Identify and close expansion opportunities
- Proactive reach out to develop upsell opportunities
- Identify and manage at risk behavior
- Manage top accounts within territory
- Drive increased lifetime value
- Consistently achieve quota
- Provide feedback to ensure continued optimization and improvement of our process
- University or college degree
- 3+ Years SaaS Selling Experience and 5+ years of Account Executive experience
- Experience managing accounts in the EDU/higher ed/SLED space
- Proficiency using Salesforce
- Experience carrying a quota of $500,000 - $1,000,000
- Consistently over-achieving against quota
- Highly Personable - able to create relationships face to face and on the phone
- Energetic and positive phone skills and strong listening skills
- Highest level of integrity
- Track record of customer growth and retention in past roles
- Passionate about sales and technology
- Highly motivated - requires initiative being a role that will be constantly evolving
Nice to Haves:
- Security experience from a previous role
- Experience managing events (e.g. Customer Dinners, Workshops, etc.)
- Previous roles selling to IT/Security Individuals
- Experience in a high-growth company
Meet Some of Duo Security's Employees
Account Executive, Mid Market
As an account executive, Joni is responsible for growing new business, as well as developing and expanding within the mid-market segment by building solid, trustworthy relationships with customers.
Back to top