Our people are the most valuable asset -- help us shape and grow our crown jewel.
At Duolingo, our Technical Recruiter leads recruiting for our engineering and technical roles.
We are a fast-paced team with strong elements of curiosity, quirk, and result-driven innovation. As such, we are looking for someone who is motivated by this environment and excited to help grow the company.
- Own full-cycle recruiting for all business-related positions
- Develop a rich pipeline of top software engineering talent through various recruiting strategies and efforts
- Partner with hiring managers to understand current and upcoming needs and priorities
- Manage the candidate experience; collaborate with internal interview teams to train, consult, and deliver a consistently distinct and positive experience that reflect Duolingo values
- Partner with Director of Talent Acquisition to identify effective and innovative recruiting strategies
- Serve as an expert-user on our internal recruiting tools
- Uphold and share the Duolingo culture and brand
- Ability to work or relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree
- 3+ years of high-volume recruitment experience
- Proven ability to source and maintain relationships with world-class talent
- Ability to work in a fast growing and dynamic environment; inspired by the startup environment and willing to get into the details to ensure success
- A genuine team player with a strong desire to help others and create memorable experiences
- Strong sense of logistics, balanced with flexibility and understanding
- Proven dedication to follow-through and delivering results
- High attention to detail; stellar time management and organization skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and problem solve independently without sacrificing quality of work
- Proven success in communicating effectively and building strong, trusted relationships within diverse groups
- A can-do, team mentality -- no task is too small and you’re willing to jump in when needed!
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours, as needed
- Flexibility and ability to travel to recruiting events, as necessary; a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 20 lbs, as needed for recruiting events
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Prior experience in a high-growth startup environments
- Data-driven mentality, and a master at balancing efficiency and quality
- Experience bringing organization to teams and streamlining processes within organizations
- Strong understanding of Talent Acquisition best practices and processes, as well as basic Marketing principles
- An impressive Duolingo streak!
Back to top