Software Engineer (Madrid)
- Collaborate on software projects with other engineers and/or designers, language learning experts, etc.
- Develop, release, and maintain software code to improve Duolingo’s products.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Professional fluency in English (Spanish/German are not required).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- A solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Demonstrable experience programming for Android (native), iOS (native), the web, or on the backend.
- Legally authorized/eligible to work in the EU.
- Strong communicational and interpersonal skills.
Exceptional candidates will have:
- 5 years of experience programming for one of the following: Android (native), iOS (native), the web, or the backend (Python / Scala).
Meet Some of Duolingo's Employees
Senior Software Engineer
Antonia is a full-stack software engineer who focuses on building out Duolingo's Tinycards product—a customizable flash card app that helps students memorize anything.
Back to top