Social Media Marketing Manager, Duolingo China
Make the world’s most popular language learning app famous in China! Build your marketing career at Duolingo and shape the future of education.
We are seeking a creative, energetic marketer to help us accelerate our growth in China. In this role as our social media marketing expert, you’ll manage our social media presence, partner with influencers, shape online sentiment and promote our brand across the most popular online channels in the world’s biggest market for education. You’ll own, lead and execute creative, data-driven marketing campaigns. As a core member of our China team and global marketing organization, the ideal candidate will not only be an exceptional, self-motivated creative talent, but also a proactive and team-oriented communicator.
Duolingo is the world’s most popular way to learn languages online with over 300 million users. Founded in 2011, we have become the #1 education app on both iOS and Android globally in both downloads and revenue. Duolingo offers over 90 language courses to learners, including 6 courses for the China market: English, Japanese, Korean, French, Spanish and Italian. Our mission is to make high-quality education accessible to everyone in the world.
The Beijing office is Duolingo’s first and only office outside the United States. This is a unique opportunity to join the founding team of Duolingo’s China office and be part of our incredible growth story. In addition to working alongside talented teammates in China across various functions such as marketing, product management and design, you’ll also be a core member of our world-class global marketing team. If you are passionate about making an impact on a fast-growing business, then join us to build a next-generation language education company!
- Be responsible for driving user growth via influencer sponsorship and partnerships on multiple social media platforms including Douyin (TikTok), WeChat, Xiaohongshu, Zhihu, Bilibili, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with top performing influencers across different industries including education, travel, lifestyle, fashion and sports
- Conceptualize and launch compelling marketing campaigns on social media
- Work alongside influencers to create high-quality content that drive social buzz and virality
- Manage our social media / influencer budget
- Measure performance and ROI with systematic data tracking; provide reporting on program KPIs, identify opportunities for growth & efficiency improvements
- Oversee our social media calendar and manage contractors to publish content across Duolingo’s official social media channels including Douyin, Zhihu, Weibo, Xiaohongshu
- Regularly measure and report metrics across various efforts to both the China team and global marketing team
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, influencer management, creative or social media
- A deep understanding and passion for the influencer marketing landscape and digital media ecosystem in China
- Strong interest in social media trends and viral content creation
- Experience managing third-party vendors, agencies, and contractors
- Data-driven marketing experience: building systematic performance reports and optimizing KPIs with data insights
- Solid interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English (both written & spoken)
- Legal authorization to work in China. This position is based in Beijing.
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Passion for our mission to make high quality language learning accessible to everyone
- Previous experience working or studying in an English-speaking environment
- Excellent business negotiation skills, ideally with 0-1 business expansion experience
- Experience working with MCNs or influencers / KOLs
- Experience with mobile apps and subscription services
Back to top