Senior Software Engineer, Web
A web expert who will help millions of people learn on mobile and desktop web.
Duolingo software engineers develop next-generation education technology that changes how over 300 million people around the world learn. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas in computer science, including natural language processing, machine learning, large-scale system design, web, iOS and Android development. As a web software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Duolingo’s needs, with opportunities to switch teams and projects as our fast-paced startup grows and evolves. You will develop applications primarily in TypeScript and React. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to innovate.
- Collaborate on software projects with product design and backend aspects
- Develop, release, and maintain web applications
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- A solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Solid understanding of web frontend concepts (DOM, rendering, AJAX, responsive design) and JS performance profiling
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Experience writing production-quality code
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
Back to top