Build your engineering career and help us shape the future of education.
Duolingo is the most popular language learning application in the world, with over 300 million users and hundreds of billions of data points. We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding elegant solutions. If this sounds like you, then come help us build the next-generation learning company!
As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Duolingo’s needs, with opportunities to switch teams and projects as our fast-paced startup grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to innovate. Are you driven to improve performance and infrastructure? Do you want to work on cutting-edge machine learning algorithms for optimizing learning? We have opportunities in all these areas for talented and driven software engineers.
The Beijing office is Duolingo’s first and only office outside the United States. This is a unique opportunity to become part of the founding team of Duolingo’s China office and work with other talented Duolingo software engineers, designers, product managers, and learning scientists globally.
- Collaborate on full-stack software projects in collaboration with product design
- Develop, release, and maintain services and/or infrastructure
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- A solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Some programming experience in Java, Python or Scala and AWS cloud computing
- Motivated to learn skills, for example new programming languages, iOS or Android development.
- Relocation to Beijing, China. This position is based in Beijing.
- Strong spoken and written English skills.
Exceptional candidates will have:
- 5 years of programming experience in Java, Python or Scala and AWS/Alibaba cloud computing