Senior Security Engineer
- Pittsburgh, PA
Develop the next-generation test security technology for language assessment
As a software engineer, you will work on developing state-of-the-art security methods for a fully online high-stakes English-language proficiency test. You will join the Duolingo English Test (DET) team, supporting our mission of lowering barriers and increasing opportunities for English learners everywhere through technology. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems as we continue to innovate.
- Conduct analyses of malicious behaviors in a high-stakes language test in collaboration with our user operations team
- Develop cutting edge technology to detect and prevent fraud in high-stakes testing
- Conduct information security analyses, and develop mechanisms that protect personally identifiable information
- Develop, release, and maintain services and/or infrastructure that protect the validity of test results and brand integrity
- Collaborate on software projects, working with a cross-functional team of designers, researchers, engineers, and others to build new product features
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years of industry experience in Python or Java and AWS cloud computing
- Programming experience in Python or Java and AWS cloud computing
- Strong debugging and critical thinking skills
- Great presentation and communication skills
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field, with a focus in security
- Experience with machine learning, computer vision, or biometrics a plus!
- Experience with security analysis and pentesting techniques a plus!
Back to top