A visionary designer with product experience.
As a Senior Product Designer at Duolingo you will have the autonomy to work on large features that make a huge impact on education. There are currently 9 of us designing the products at Duolingo—products like Duolingo, the Duolingo English Test, the Tinycards App, and other exciting new products. We’re friendly, fun, and aim to be pioneers in the world of education apps.
- Make big product decisions
- Use sketch or photoshop, and design clean, innovative interfaces for apps and/or the web
- Look at metrics of how your designs are performing and iterate to improve them
- Work side by side with talented engineers who would bring your visions to life
- Online portfolio with web and app design samples
- 2+ years of industry experience and designed a real product (that you can show)
- Visionary ideas and experience to bring to life in real products
- Ability to discuss and defend their designs with the design team and different product teams
- Relocation to the Duolingo HQ in Pittsburgh, PA
Exceptional candidates will have
- 3+ years of experience working at a high-paced tech start-up
- Experience doing illustration work
- Experience in motion design
Duolingo is the world's largest online language learning service. Our apps were selected by Apple as "iPhone App of the Year", and by Google as “Best of the Best for Android," 2 years in a row. TechCrunch selected Duolingo as the Best Educational Startup in their annual awards. Unlike other online education platforms, Duolingo is a completely digital experience, meaning it requires constant interaction and is native to computers / mobile platforms.
Duolingo is a spinoff from Carnegie Mellon University's School of Computer Science. Luis von Ahn, co-founder and CEO of Duolingo, is a MacArthur fellow, Carnegie Mellon University professor, and the inventor of CAPTCHA. Duolingo was founded by engineers and is run by engineers. We hire ambitious people from various backgrounds who enjoy solving some of the world's most fascinating technological problems and improving education levels on a global scale. In 2015, Duolingo was awarded the INDEX: Design to Improve Life® (Play & Learning category).
In the last three years, Duolingo has received US$83 million of funding from some of the premier venture capital firms in the country, including Union Square Ventures (investors of Twitter, Kickstarter, Foursquare, Tumblr), New Enterprise Associates (investors of Vonage, Silicon Graphics, Box), Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers (investors of Google, Amazon, Electronic Arts, America Online, Compaq, Sun), and Google Capital.