Senior Marketing Manager
Help us improve global literacy rates and teach the world how to read. Duolingo is the most popular language learning application in the world, with over 300 million users. We currently offer 94 total courses across more than 38 distinct languages. Our mission is simple: to make high-quality education free and accessible to everyone in the world.
Our next goal is ambitious: we want to teach the world to read. Duolingo ABC is a free app developed by learning experts that teaches basic reading writing to children ages 3 to 7. The app already includes over 300 fun, bite-sized lessons that teach the alphabet, phonics, sight words, decoding (“sounding out” words), and much more. Since initial launch, we have received an overwhelmingly positive response to Duolingo ABC. We are looking to increase our user base and expand the curriculum to accommodate older learners.
As part of our marketing team, you will focus on helping us acquire new users and drive the growth of Duolingo ABC’s daily active users. In this way, you will be able to immediately see the impact of your work and advance our mission of making learning accessible to everyone.
- Identify, explore, and prioritize new opportunities and strategies for Duolingo ABC that will assist with scaling our user acquisition and growth efforts.
- Embed in our Duolingo ABC team and help lead thought strategy for increasing Duolingo ABC’s user base to millions of users.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Design, and Engineering to scale acquisition efforts.
- Manage day-to-day communication with third-party vendors and key partners, e.g., resolve issues, create roadmaps, facilitate collaborative brainstorming sessions, etc.
- Compile monthly, and quarterly reports to turn marketing data into meaningful insights.
- Develop the marketing plans and budgets to deliver on growth goals.
- Experience working with apps, games or other consumer products for children
- Experience in managing social media, PR and influencer programs.
- 7 years experience in growth marketing and scaling tech products––ideally at a successful startup or established brand
- Analytical: You are someone who is able to glean insights from complex sets of information and communicate them to other stakeholders in a clear, effective way.
- Creative: Sense of humor and experience developing marketing copy and newsletters for customers or users
- Strong understanding of the mobile app ecosystem
- Comfortable with deploying a budget against a wide array of marketing channels while experimenting across new and existing channels
- Great communication skills and the ability to translate complex concepts into easily comprehensible strategies for cross-functional teams
- Exceptional organizational, budgeting, and time-management skills
- Highly proficient in Excel (pivot tables, graphs, formulas, etc.) and Google Suite (specifically, Sheets)
Back to top