Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. While we take our mission to heart, we don’t take ourselves too seriously; we are creative, and we have fun at work every day. If this sounds like you, then come help us build the next-generation learning company!
Our people are the most valuable asset -- help us shape and grow our crown jewel.
At Duolingo, our Senior Creative Recruiter leads recruiting for our Product Design, Design Studio, Creative Marketing, and Studios + Content roles, across all our global offices.
We are a fast-paced, small yet mighty team with strong elements of curiosity, quirk, and result-driven innovation. As such, we are looking for someone who is motivated by this environment and excited to help build and grow the company.
- Lead and implement full-cycle recruiting for all creative positions, across all locations
- Develop an engaged pipeline of top product designers, animators, illustrators, brand creatives, and content producers through various recruiting strategies and efforts
- Partner with hiring managers to understand and solve for current and upcoming needs and priorities
- Partner with hiring managers to build and scale an equitable and inclusive interviewing process
- Craft and execute influential employer branding strategies and content
- Maintain solid industry awareness and market intelligence of hiring trends, competitive intelligence as well as challenges; build and implement solutions to address these trends
- Uphold and continuously improve the candidate experience; collaborate with internal interview teams to train, consult, and deliver a consistently distinct and positive experience that reflect Duolingo values
- Partner with the Head of Talent Acquisition to identify effective and innovative recruiting strategies
- Serve as an expert-user on our internal recruiting tools
- Uphold and share the Duolingo culture and brand
- Ability to work in or relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree
- 6+ years of high-volume recruitment experience
- 2+ years of experience managing and growing recruiters and coordinators
- A sharp eye for design and the aptitude to identify exceptional creative work
- Shown success in building and scaling recruitment processes and strategies from the ground up
- Experience creating and launching employer branding strategies
- Brings a strong and ever-growing network of creative talent; ability to source and maintain relationships with talent around the world
- Strong sense of process and operations, balanced with flexibility and understanding
- Ability to work in a fast-growing and vibrant environment; inspired by the startup environment and willing to get into the details to ensure success
- A genuine teammate with a strong desire to help others and create memorable experiences
- Dedication to follow-through and delivering results
- High attention to detail; stellar time management and organization skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and problem tackle independently without sacrificing quality of work
- Proven success in building strong, trusted relationships within diverse groups
- A can-do, team mentality -- no task is too small and you’re willing to jump in when needed
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours, as needed
- Fluency in Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Flexibility and ability to travel to recruiting events, as necessary
- Ability to lift 20 lbs, as needed for recruiting events
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Prior experience in a high-growth startup environments
- Data-driven mentality, and a master at balancing efficiency and quality
- Experience using tools like Textio and Gem
- Experience bringing organization to teams and streamlining processes within organizations
- Strong understanding of Talent Acquisition best practices and processes, as well as basic Marketing principles
- An impressive Duolingo streak
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.