Senior Account Executive
Entrepreneurial sales executive with a love for culture, language and education.
We’re looking for a New York-based sales executive to help build Duolingo’s advertising and brand partnership business from the ground up. The ideal candidate is an ambitious, accomplished consultative sales professional who intuitively understands the great creative and marketing potential of our platform and can hit the ground running with a focus on new business development. The candidate should have a proven track record of success in using influencing and relationship-building skills to develop large scale programs and close deals across a variety of industry verticals and agencies. Strong contacts at clients and agencies are a must, as is an enormous amount of creativity and excitement about working for the world’s number one education app to ensure the future of free personalized language learning for all.
We are looking for driven, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
- Identify leads and unlock new partnerships across a range of companies from established consumer brands to startups
- Drive adoption of our ad solutions to hit quarterly revenue targets
- Develop high-level relationships and serve as a trusted adviser to advertisers, anticipating how decisions are made and persistently exploring their business needs
- Collaborate with product and design teams to solve our advertising partners’ business problems and ensure effective onboarding and customer support
- Manage day-to-day sales development operations
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years advertising sales experience with a documented success record
- Proven relationship building and creative problem-solving skills
- Outstanding presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment while maintaining a collaborative, team-oriented approach to your work
- High degree of self-awareness
Exceptional Candidates Will Have
- Experience working at a fast-growing startup
- Experience working with designers and engineers on consumer-focused products
- Experience working with the travel or entertainment verticals, agencies or multicultural marketing groups along with a deep understanding of their challenges and a vision for their growth
- Experience with and a strong POV on Duolingo products
Back to top