Quality Assurance Specialist
- Pittsburgh, PA
A Quality Assurance Specialist excited to help Duolingo grow faster and deliver high quality products.
Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist to join a world-class company with a world-changing mission.
Duolingo is the most popular language learning application in the world, with over 300 million users. We are passionate about education, fact-based decision making, and elegant solutions to cross-functional problems; if that sounds like you, then come join us as we build the next-generation learning company!
This person will work embedded on software engineering teams to ensure that experience of learning a language on Duolingo is fun, effective, and bug-free. QA specialists cooperate with product managers, engineers, and designers to understand features, make test plans and conduct the plans in order to make a product that feels great. This person should have strong product sense, great communication skills, and be a champion for our users.
A successful candidate will have an established background in testing, experience or an interest in writing automated tests, excellent time management skills, great communication skills, passion for quality, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Regression and exploratory testing, sanity checks against Duolingo release and branch builds
- Determine reproduction steps for issues
- Formulate test plans for Duolingo mobile and web apps
- Manage the issue backlog for Duolingo products
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge about how the product works, and become a go-to person for questions about it
- Work in fast-paced environment on multiple products/platforms
- Be empathetic towards end users and advocate for them across the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine interest in testing and bug tracking work
- Experience and domain knowledge in manual testing
- Aptitude and interest to learn developing automated tests
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team under supervisor
- Basic familiarity with Duolingo products, such as the Duolingo app and our website.
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Exceptional candidates will have:
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience and knowledge in processes and UI/UX testing (web and mobile)
- Proven passion and skills in bug detection and isolation
Back to top