Product Designer (New Grad)
- Pittsburgh, PA
Help us shape the future of education.
Our mission is to make language education free, fun and accessible for everyone in the world. With 300 million total users worldwide, Duolingo is the most popular way to learn a language online.
As a new graduate product designer at Duolingo, you’ll help create and define a cohesive user experience throughout products like Duolingo, the Duolingo English Test, amongst others. You will make an impact by working on real projects that affect our millions of users, while developing your career through hands-on learning and mentorship.
More information on our University Programs can be found at university.duolingo.com
What you’ll do...
- Work on the user experience across multiple Duolingo products, on mobile and web
- Work closely with other designers to develop and expand product design patterns
- Develop both broadly defined, loose concepts, as well as on narrowly defined, tactical features
- Collaborate on projects with a wide variety of product teams
- Past Projects include:
- Stories and Leaderboards on Android
- Improving and adding components to our design system
- Adding animated characters to our lessons
- Launching new courses, like Hindi and Indonesian
- Improving the UI/UX of the Duolingo English Test
- Designing the experience of Duolingo Events (online or in-person gatherings)
What we’re looking for...
- A bachelor's degree by spring 2021or earlier
- An online portfolio with mobile app design samples
- Talent for designing user-centered products that look great too
- A desire to constantly advance your work and attend to all the details
- Ability to relocate to and work in Pittsburgh, PA
Why you’ll love working here…
- Collaborating closely with world-class product designers
- Language learning opportunities
- 20 days of paid time off and a 2 week winter break every year
- Catered in-house lunches, and breakfast and dinner options
- Annual international retreat
- Frequent company-wide dinners, monthly celebrations, social clubs, and so much more!
Back to top