Make Duolingo look great and work well.
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. With over 300 million users, we are the most popular language learning application in the world. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in! You’ll help build and define a cohesive user experience throughout products like Duolingo, the Duolingo English Test, and the Duolingo ABC app, among others. From composing individual screens into flows to partner closely with our Art team on illustrations, you’ll have the autonomy to work on high-impact features that are redefining the future of education.
This role reports to the VP of Design as a member of the Design team, the instrumental creative partner in most projects at Duolingo—from our mobile apps and website to the brand voice and email newsletters, and even community events. At Duolingo, we take pride in and agonize over crafting a user-friendly (and fun) experience for everyone.
Will you join us on our mission?
- Work on the user experience across multiple Duolingo products, on mobile and web
- Work collaboratively with other designers to develop and expand product design patterns
- Help engineers and product managers define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical features
- Work in a highly energetic fashion with the design and product teams
- Consider all parts when crafting the experience—from copy to animation to business impact
- An online portfolio with mobile app or web design samples
- Design experience in a consumer application, product, or software role
- A desire to strive for excellence in your work until all details are attended to
- The ability to explain your work, process, and decisions and seek feedback to help you produce your best work
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Outstanding candidates will have...
- Proven experience working at a high-paced tech start-up
- Experience with illustration or animation (or both)
- Experience participating in or leading user research sessions
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.