Engineering Manager, Test
- Pittsburgh, PA
Quality Assurance leader to join a world-class company with a world-changing mission.
Duolingo is the most popular language learning application in the world, with over 300 million users. We are passionate about education, fact-based decision making, and elegant solutions to cross-functional problems; if that sounds like you, then come join us as we build the next-generation learning company! This person will manage our Test Automation Engineers and Quality Assurance (QA) specialists. Test automation engineers write automated tests to guarantee the quality of Duolingo’s software. QA specialists cooperate with product managers, engineers, and designers to understand features, make test plans and conduct the plans in order to make a product that feels great. This person should have strong product sense, great communication skills, and be a champion for our users.
A successful candidate will have an established background in testing, proven track record of building and leading strong and motivated QA teams, have strong technical ability in writing automated tests, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, passion for quality and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage a team of test automation engineers and QA specialists.
- Lead automation engineers as they build scalable solutions to prevent regressions and ensure reliability of product.
- Plan, develop, and execute test strategy to ensure we are building the best products.
- Implement and evolve QA processes to get effective test signal and scale testing efforts across multiple products.
- Contribute to the QA responsibilities of in-development projects.
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
- Solid foundation in computer science.
- Experience with Selenium and mobile testing frameworks, e.g. Appium, Espresso
- Hands-on QA team management experience.
- People management skills, proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- Excellent communication skills.
Back to top