- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Work closely with business, product management and design to ensure we are building the best products.
- Contribute technically to projects.
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
- Relevant work experience, including industry experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Technical management experience managing teams consisting of five or more.
- People management skills, proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive engineering experience in fast-growing, consumer-facing, data-driven startups.
Meet Some of Duolingo's Employees
Antonia S.Senior Software Engineer
Antonia is a full-stack software engineer who focuses on building out Duolingo's Tinycards product—a customizable flash card app that helps students memorize anything.
Back to top