- Pittsburgh, PA
An engineering leader to join a world-class company with a world-changing mission.
Duolingo is the most popular language learning application in the world, with over 300 million users. We are passionate about education, fact-based decision making, and elegant solutions to cross-functional problems; if that sounds like you, then come join us as we build the next-generation learning company!
As an Engineering Manager at Duolingo, you have the technical chops to provide technical leadership and the people skills to manage a team of engineers. You manage your team’s goals, contribute to overall product strategy and develop your the software engineers on your team. Our teams work on a variety of projects including learning improvements, monetization, growth, and new initiatives.
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Work closely with business, product management and design to ensure we are building the best products.
- Contribute technically to projects.
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
- Relevant work experience, including industry experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Technical management experience managing teams consisting of five or more.
- People management skills, proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA.
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive engineering experience in fast-growing, consumer-facing, data-driven startups.
Back to top