Educational Content Developer for French
Help improve how millions of people learn French on Duolingo.
We are looking for an outstanding French language educator with strong organizational skills and experience creating educational content for digital products. If you are creative, love developing content in a variety of formats, and can follow efficient processes for large-scale content creation, this job is for you! You will join our team of course designers and help us scale our efforts to deliver the best language education in the world. Join Duolingo to feel empowered as an educator, affecting how millions of people learn.
This is an open rank position. We will consider candidates from recent MA or PhD graduates to more senior candidates with years of work experience. The job rank will be adjusted accordingly. This role is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Work side by side with talented content developers, curriculum designers, project managers, and engineers to deliver high-quality content for teaching French
- Own the process of writing, editing, proofreading, and reviewing French learning materials across a variety of products and features, from creative passages or dialogues to structured grammatical tips
- Develop educational content that’s fun, quirky, and accessible to learners at a given target proficiency level
- Help create and implement efficient processes for scaling the creation of educational content
- Provide French-related pedagogical support to multiple teams
- Train and supervise other course content creators
- MA (or equivalent experience) in French, linguistics, creative writing, or a related field
- Native or near-native proficiency in continental French
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Ability to write educational content that’s appropriate in difficulty for language learners at different proficiency levels
- Ability to communicate difficult language concepts (such as grammar) in a way that’s fun and accessible to learners
- Good explicit knowledge of the grammar, dialects, and other properties of French
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Exceptional candidates will have:
- PhD in French, linguistics, creative writing, or a related field
- Experience creating educational content for digital products
- Experience managing people and projects
Back to top