Director of Product
- Lead the full product lifecycle for a suite of products or services covering concept, specification, design, launch, and enhancement phases.
- Develop a comprehensive product roadmap for the Duolingo products and related data to deliver against business goals.
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to understand current product capabilities and identify gaps.
- Consolidate, rationalize, and prioritize market requirements into the product roadmap to define go-to-market strategy and timeline for product features and enhancements.
- Define success metrics and be accountable to them.
- Design functional specifications and make feature, resource, and timeline trade-off decisions.
- Lead and coordinate product rollout efforts with marketing, sales and other client facing teams.
- University degree in the field of computer science or business administration.
- 5-7 years experience in product management in a technology field.
- Proven track record of setting product development targets and delivering results a must, including experience authoring MRDs and PRDs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.
- Experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development.
- Solid understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Proven experience in planning, organization, and development.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements and quantify market opportunities, and then drive them to realization.
- Ability to gain credibility quickly.
- Action-orientated, gets things done and makes decisions.
- Excellent relationship builder.
- Flexibility and adaptability while being able to drive organizational change is essential.
- Must have ability to quickly assess situations, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have a strong understanding of business direction and needs.
Exceptional candidates will have
- 10+ years experience in product management and/or product marketing in a technology field.
- Track record of building products in a successful startup, from early stage to multi-hundred employee stage.
Meet Some of Duolingo's Employees
Senior Software Engineer
Antonia is a full-stack software engineer who focuses on building out Duolingo's Tinycards product—a customizable flash card app that helps students memorize anything.
Back to top