Curriculum Designer for Spanish
Help improve how millions of people learn Spanish on Duolingo.
We are looking for a talented expert in teaching Spanish as a second language. If you have strong skills in curriculum design, can build effective and engaging course content, and understand the unique challenges of digital education, this job is for you! You will join our team of course designers and help us deliver the best language education in the world. Join Duolingo to feel empowered as an educator, affecting how millions of people learn.
This is an open rank position. We will consider candidates from recent MA or PhD graduates to more senior candidates with years of work experience. The job rank will be adjusted accordingly. This role is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Work side by side with talented curriculum designers, content developers, product and project managers, designers, and engineers to deliver high-quality products for teaching Spanish
- Help design curricula and specific content for the Duolingo Spanish course (for English-speaking learners)
- Help create assessment tools to measure how Duolingo users learn
- Provide Spanish-related pedagogical support to multiple teams
- Train and supervise other course content creators
- MA (or equivalent experience) in Spanish, linguistics, applied linguistics, cognitive psychology, education, or a related field
- Native or near-native proficiency in Latin American Spanish
- Ability to think about language analytically (e.g., breaking down grammatical concepts into smaller parts for the purposes of teaching)
- Familiarity with the principles of language learning and/or teaching, and ability to scaffold the learning experience
- Excellent explicit knowledge of the grammar, dialects, and other properties of Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Exceptional candidates will have:
- PhD in Spanish or a related field
- Experience working in EdTech
- Familiarity with language standards such as CEFR or ACTFL
- Experience managing people and projects
Back to top