Creative Director, Marketing + Brand
Design the campaigns that make people fall in love with Duolingo.
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. With over 300 millions users, we are the most popular language learning application in the world. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
You’ll help create and define cohesive, high-visibility branding projects tied to increasing brand awareness and equity. From concepting digital ads to composing landing pages to collaborating closely with our Marketing team on innovative projects, you’ll have the opportunity to work on marketing campaigns that push Duolingo’s brand and mission forward and transform the future of education.
This role reports to the VP of Design as a member of the Design team and partners closely with our Chief Marketing Officer and Head of Content. At Duolingo, we take pride in and agonize over crafting high-quality design, with a user-friendly (and fun) experience for everyone.
- Partner deeply with the Marketing team to understand target audiences and media consumption behavior and trends; develop marketing campaign concepts that drive desired metrics
- Closely integrate with the product design and art teams to ensure the value, mission, spirit and vision of Duolingo and its creative elements are accurately captured across all communication channels
- Manage the creative strategy and direction of multiple marketing projects and campaigns
- Establish branding and merchandising deliverables for editorial content and channels such as podcasts and video series
- Lead the application of brand guidelines; ensure the quality of work produced is in line with those guidelines
- Provide constructive feedback and direction to external partners (ad agencies, partners, vendors), ensuring both marketing and design best practices are upheld
- Remain up-to-date on relevant and emerging communication channels and the opportunities they may bring to Duolingo
- Grow internal team relationships to deepen their knowledge of branding and marketing strategy
- 5+ years design experience in a direct-to-consumer application or agency role
- Created multi-million dollar marketing campaigns for high-impact consumer brands
- A strong and intuitive ability to direct creative work in a dynamic environment
- A strong design foundation, combined with conceptual campaign experience at a digital advertising agency
- Strong knowledge of consumer brand strategy, branding, interaction design, technology, usability, and experience design
- Exceptional communication skills among diverse teams and functions
- An online portfolio with strong visual design and creative campaign projects
Exceptional candidates will have...
- 2+ years of experience working at a director-level role
- Global experience, working on consumer campaigns
- Experience with any combination of print design, illustration, or animation
[Please also include visual design work samples.]
Back to top